Conditions of Use
By making a booking, all members and their guests must adhere to the "Karels Code of Conduct".
- No smoking inside the buildings
- Check out time is 10am. Check in time is after 2pm. Baggage arrangements can be made outside these times by consultation with the manager.
- All children (14 years and under) are required to be under direct parental supervision throughout their stay.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their respective children and guests and their children. Persons who are found to be behaving in an unacceptable manner by other guests and/or the manager will be requested to modify their behaviour. After giving one (1) warning, the manager, with the permission of any two directors, can ask any person/persons whose behaviour continues to be deemed unacceptable, to leave the lodge with 24 hours notice. Tariffs received for the unexpired portion of the booking will be refunded.
Unacceptable Conduct includes:
- Behaving in an offensive manner and/or using offensive language anywhere in or around the lodge buildings.
- Any threat or use of physical violence whatsoever to other residents or the managers.
- Causing wilful damage to Karels Lodge property of behaving in such a way that property is likely to be damaged, e.g. children playing with the lit fire, activities as jumping on furniture, hitting balls against the outside doors.
- Repeatedly running up and down the hallways and stairwell.
- Playing computer games, music, the DVD player, watching a television programme or generally creating a noise at a volume which disturbs the quiet enjoyment of others in the lodge. People are reminded they should always ask the permission of any other guests using the sitting room before turning on any of the above media entertainment.
- Causing noise anywhere in or around the Lodge out of quiet time which is from 10.30pm until 8am.
- Children are not permitted to eat or drink in the lounge or in the bedrooms unless they are supervised by a parent. A cleaning charge will be applied for any spillages on the carpet or furniture.
- The last person to bed should make sure that the CD player, DVD, TV and the lights are turned off, the fire doors are closed and the room left in a tidy state.
- Remember that other people use the main bathroom.
- The gravel area beside the walkway between the house and the annex is a high pedestrian zone. It may be used for loading and unloading a vehicle, but please do not park there for longer than 15 minutes. You may be asked to remove your vehicle after that time.
- Please respect our managers' privacy by not playing or being noisy in the garden in front of Room 8 or in the Annex hallways and stairwell.
- All rooms will be serviced weekly. Would people who book stays of 8 days or more, please negotiate a suitable time with the manager for their room to be cleaned on or about day 7 of their time at Karels.
- No sleeping in the lounge room or the hallways.